[rescue] OT divx/dvd etc

Derrick Daugherty rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 4 22:20:04 CST 2001

It's rumored that around Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 09:51:53PM -0500
Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> My big pain in doing without windows (sorta) is the latest Quicktime 4
> (and 5) files and divx files and other WMP files.  I haven't seen anything
> for the QT files, and the software for divx and WMP is spotty at
> best.  For instance, AVIFILE based plugins/programs only seem to work half
> the time, and OpenDivx always seems to have timing and audio
> problems.  But that was 6 months ago.  Maybe it is time to try things
> again.

mplayer has no problem with any divx' that I have.  I use it for
avi/divx/mpg/dvd  And I haven't updated it in months, so it is probably
a lot better.  I think they were making a gui for it.

www.mplayerhq.hu

And a couple months ago a quicktime library was made..but I dunno if
anyone has implemented it yet haven't looked.  I haven't a clue on the
wmp stuff...