[rescue] If Larry Snyder is still following. . . .

Forrest J. Cicogni rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 2 10:58:40 CST 2001

This was posted back in August:

> ..some kind of Sun disk array.  It has current colors, holds 7 SCA disks
> in canisters, a single 68-pin scsi hose.  There's a 'bustle' on the
> back w/ 2 DC squirrel-cage blowers.  Dimensions are 5X17X17, roughly.
> Numbers that may be useful are OSM3000-SD2 and 595-4084-01.  Neither
> of these turned up anything on docs.sun.com.  Clue?
> thanx,
> -ls-

Okay, so I'm a new subscriber and I have what sounds strikingly like the
unit described above. I also have a case of ST19171WC's to use up in place
of the tiny drives that the unit shipped with.  The problem: I can't get the
RSM (?) trays open! Am I wrong that these suckers are sealed at the factory
and the only way to get replacement drives is to purchase new
drives-in-trays from Sun? Does anybody know if another company is making
replacements?

Btw, I don't have a Sun background, so spelling any responses accordingly
would be very helpful!

Thanks,

Forrest Cicogni