[rescue] FTP daemons?

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 1 03:09:27 CST 2001

Any good recommendations for FTP daemons?  I'm currently using
ProFTPD, but might be looking at alternatives.  I need to be able
to chroot() *only certain users* to their home directories, but everyone
else have "free reign" to change directories, etc.

Currently doing this with a "DefaultRoot ~ <groupname>" directive in
/usr/local/etc/proftpd.conf, with a UNIX group in /etc/groups listing
the people I want to limit to their directories..  But it just feels so
*kludgy*...

Bill

--
Bill Bradford