[SunRescue] OBP coolness

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 31 20:10:32 CDT 2001

> often that I sit at work and say, well I've got a few minutes, I could
> just do this or that on the SGI at home -- if only it was on.

you mean you turn it off?  you should be hung!!  (also, see the SGI faq as to
why that isn't a great idea after all)

> I dunno, but I doubt it.  I did find it odd that Sun pushed OpenStep as
> their dev package for a while.

ever use it?  it's horrible.  made my normally very snappy sparc5 that was
running 2.5.1 at the time run dog slow.  it was practically unusable.  after
i un-installed it my sparc5 started running a whole lot better.  not only was
it a hog, i sorta got the feeling that it was a half-hearted port.  it didn't
seem to work very well.

-brian