[SunRescue] PHP/MySQL/Apache for Solaris...

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 30 23:08:00 CDT 2001

> Versions (from the box):

>     MySQL V3.33
>     Perl V5.6
>     Apache V1.3
>     PHP V4.0

without doing some web searching (i'm tired and my head hurts, so i ain't
gonna do it) i have no idea how current these are.

> I got past my first round of errors (MySQL just works - and is FAST!) and
> now I am on to a new problem (Apache won't start, lib problems...)... The
> box set includes 30 support, which I haven't invoked yet, so that is what
> I'll work on this week - getting this package up...

always fun. :)

> Getting errors saying files don't exist:
>
> Cannot load <basedir>/conf/httpd.conf: cannot load
> <basedir>/libexec/libphp4.so into server:
> ld.so.1: <basedir>/bin/httpd: fatal: <basedir>/libexec/libphp4.so: open
> failed: no such file or directory
> ./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

where is <basedir> definted, and can you check it?

> but the file exists:
>
> file /libexec/libphp4.so
> /libexec/libphp4.so: ELF 32-bit MSB dynamic lib SPARC32PLUS Version 1, V8+
> Required, dynamically linked, stripped
>
> and one similar file that *can* be found/loaded:
>
> file /libexec/libproxy.so
> /libexec/libproxy.so: ELF 32-bit MSB dynamic lib SPARC Version 1,
> dynamically linked, stripped

hmmmmm, very confused am i.  only thing i can think of is check that <basedir>
and make sure it points somewhere good.

> What is SPARC32PLUS ... V8+ Required - is this looking for an Ultra-class
> system???

i can't for the life of me remember what v8+ is, and i can't find it. the
sparc5 is a V7 and the Ultra is a V9 so it's somewhere in between there.

-brian