[SunRescue] RE:SS/5-170...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 30 10:17:28 CDT 2001

First, I choose the word "unladen" specifically for that reason ;^)

Second, the SS/5 case I have is the only one I've ever seen - the drive is thin, no where near the size of a half-height drive (well, OK, it is just a bit thinner...). I want to keep the internal CD-ROM, so:

Can I re-jumper it to be, say, SCSI ID 5 and still use it (like for audio CDs)?

If I hang a faster CD-ROM off another SCSI controller, is there an easy way to boot off of the drive on the second SCSI chain?

Any pointers to info on a faster internal drive?

I may wind-up taking this system to work as an interim Intranet server, and if so I'd like to avoid any extra cases/cables if possible. (an external CD-ROM drive wouldn't kill me, it's a preference thing...)

And finally, anyone have pointers to a pre-compiled PHP/Apache set of packages for Solaris 7? I'd like to get some web info set up *without* the need to install a development environment...

Thanks in advance,

Ken