[SunRescue] Re: expensive paperweights

Hatle, Steven J. rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 30 09:41:38 CDT 2001

I bought a bunch of these drives when they were "state of the art" (and they
cost _way_ more than $27.00- trust me!) and they run like tanks.

Some of these are approaching 4-5 years old, and they are still running,
albeit not in first tier production systems anymore. I can't recall a single
failure out of approx. 20 of these I bought.

Since I have room, I might have to pick up a some for my 4/630 and 4/670.  .
. I also second both points below.

Steve

IME good quality 5.25" drives easily out-last 3.5" drives.

YMMV etc. - and whatever you use you should be backing up.