[SunRescue] Re: RE: [SunRescue] Big honkin' laptops...

Sam Creasey rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 30 09:19:22 CDT 2001

On Tue, 29 May 2001 dave at cca.org wrote:

> rnovak at indyramp.com writes:
>
> >Gotta decide between that or a big honkin' compactflash card for my Canon
> >S100 camera (obPuterStuph: it does not seem to use the S100 bus). Anyone
> >know of a filesystem benchmark util for Windows, to compare USB to PCMCIA
> >CF access rates? or even Lexar USB to other USB access rates?
>
> Has anyone made a camera that uses ethernet?

Erm....  there's a decent number of NTSC->(video compression)->ethernet
devices out there, but I suspect that's "slightly" overkill for what you
were shooting for... :)  (though they usually produce compressed full
motion video *leagues* better than any software encoder I've ever seen at
comparable bitrates).

-- Sam

Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as
kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to
repetitive music.
        -- Unknown