[SunRescue] HELP! Sun 386i Hard Drive Problems <Again>

Steve K rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 29 21:15:02 CDT 2001

Well, I originally posted this in a sun hardware newsgroup and someone was
kind enought to tell me about you guys.  Perhaps you can help me!
Here's my original message:

Lately I've been trying to get my old Sun386i working again, and it seems
that the HDD I bought/traded for it has been the problem all along (grr...).

SO...I went to Sunhelp.org & got the FAQ on how to add a non OEM HD to this
thing and I'm all confused...  If someone out there could give me a step by
step list of how to go about doing this I would be very happy.
Currently it seems that whenever I try to do this it's getting pissed off
because at one point or another I have to tell it what kind of hard drive it
has in it (they give you 3 choices: a 91, a 155 and a 327) but the hard
drive I'm trying to get going is a Quantum 270meg   (the only one I had
laying around) and is not close to anything they want to provide.  Plus I'm
getting all confused when I need to do the bock / cylinder/head/sector
conversions...

Well anyways, if anyone out there in Internet land can tell me how to go
about doing this I'd really appreciate it!  _OR_ if someone out there has an
original Sun386i hard drive they want to get rid of....let me know...

Thanks a abunch!
-Steve