[SunRescue] Big honkin' laptops...

Tugrul Galatali rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 29 17:37:16 CDT 2001

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Ken Hansen wrote:

> I think you are limited in RAM on a laptop to 512 Meg *only* becuase that is the densest SoDIMM available. I have never seen a laptop with more than 2 SoDIMM slots, and many only have one slot, with an amount of RAM built-in (32 -> 64 Meg in many cases).

	http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.asp?imodule=CT64M64S8W8

	Unless I'm mistaken, that is a 512MB SODIMM :) Laptops do use 144-pin,
no? Considering the max 72-pin crucial sells is 64MB, I think that is a safe
assumption.

	Push the sales rep about support for these sticks... if money weren't
that much of an object, I'd probably buy one and stick it in to see if it
works. Desktop's have been fairly friendly to experimentation with ram in my
experience, anyone care to inform me otherwise before I total somebody's
machine one day :)

	Tugrul Galatali