[SunRescue] Re: Sparc 10SX on eBay

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 29 16:11:56 CDT 2001

> rare.... I paid $162 for my SS10SX, though that was a worker and had the
> second 13W3 connector on a plug-in card, though that needs another VSIMM
> to be useful.

are you going to use that 13W3 card? and if not, does anyone know if it'll
work in a sparc20?  i want to grab an 8MB VSIMM so i can run my 21" tube at
a higher resolution and not lose 24-bit colordepth and that leaves me with
my 4MB VSIMM which i'd love to hang my 17" off of since running it at greater
than 1152x900 will make me go blind and i'd like better than 8-bit color.

although i'm removing a network card from the machine, so i could really keep
the TurboGX in there and hand a THIRD tube off of this box.  hmmmmm, that's
very very tempting.

anyway, thanks!

-brian