[SunRescue] RE: OT, scored a great Mac!

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 29 10:44:02 CDT 2001

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Hatle, Steven J. wrote:

> Phooey! <grin>
>
> This are great BSD boxes! An ethernet card is a $20.00 or less item, and
> then they hum along forever as a great compact server.

The one thing that bugs me about the newer Macs I have is that I don't
have a suitable monitor and haven't been bothered to get the adapters
figured out or buy a new monitor. I miss the serial consoles of the Suns
:) The fishbowl Macs are kind enough to include the monitor (and the SE
was the last machine I was "current" on anyway, back in the Word 4.0
days), so I kinda like them.

> I think this was one of the better Macs ever made- certainly the best of the
> toaster Mac line. I've got two, and would take more.

I have some partial SE/30s and a bit over a dozen SEs if anyone wants any.
I originally had a single SE with 800k floppy, and buying an auction lot
(locally, not shipped) of 20 SEs was cheaper than buying a single 1.4m
floppy drive :)

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows