[SunRescue] OT, scored a great Mac!

James Fogg rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 29 08:34:32 CDT 2001

This doesn't usuall happen to me, but I just scored a great compact Macintosh
for cheap dough.

On the theory that church sales get good donations (cause everyone knows what
you donated and you cough up goodies to avoid embarassment), I went to one in my
town this weekend. They had a complete Mac SE/30 and color StyleWriter Pro for
$50.00. I walked away with it for $25.00. It even has respectable memory (20
megs), the internal "superdrive" floppy and a 40 meg fixed drive.

It boots, has good screen and has system 7.something (not latest) installed.
There is also a radius card (no monitor). If anyone in the North East has a
Radius monitor they would part with, let me know. Too bad the previous owner (a
local bank) deleted all the software.

I love good examples of ground-breaking technology. This little baby changed
the world.

PS.. though tempting, I don't think I'll run Linux on it (unless I have trouble
getting user software).

	 James D. Fogg, Network Engineer
	Vicinity Corporation - Lebanon, NH

     DESK (603) 442-1751 - CELL (603) 252-1864
     PAGER (802) 742-0280 - HOME (603) 526-7729
            EMAIL jfogg at vicinity.com

If you can read this e-mail, Thank a Network Engineer!