[SunRescue] SparcCenter 2000 on ebay!

Gregory Leblanc rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat May 26 22:34:45 CDT 2001

On 25 May 2001 01:46:59 -0400, Chad Fernandez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Saw this on Ebay tonight.  I wish I lived in Dallas :-)
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1240575595

Hmm, that looks like a nice machine...  I know there's been discussion
about these machines before, but I've lost my list of links.
Solaris 8 should run on this thing, right?  I've got a query in to see
what speed of CPUs are in there, but I'm wondering if I could add my
idle pair of SM41s to one of those spare boards, and bring it up to 10
processors.  What sort of ram does this thing take?  Not that I'd need
any more, but I'm just curious as to whether I have any lying around
that I could toss in.
Any thoughts on the power drain for one of these?  I'm thinking that I
could use it as my Solaris 8/gcc build machine for a "tinderbox" for
GNOME.  :)  Thanks,
	Greg