[SunRescue] Re: Anyone need a 1x Sun bootable CD-ROM drive?

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat May 26 13:07:13 CDT 2001

On Sat, 26 May 2001, Ken Hansen wrote:

> It is a tray-loaded drive (tray *not* included, sorry) DEC 1x (IIRC) RRD-42
> drive.
>
> Again, no tray is included, but they can be found anywhere for between Free
> and $3 AFAIK - it is a standard item.

Are you thinking caddy-loaded? The tray is normally a pretty integral part
of a tray-loading drive, and in my experience is not removable unless your
SO snaps it off and reports your cupholder broken. Caddies are the little
disc-holders that pop out and completely separate from the device
intentionally.

--Rob
        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows