[SunRescue] Anyone need a 1x Sun bootable CD-ROM drive?

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat May 26 12:43:22 CDT 2001

It is a tray-loaded drive (tray *not* included, sorry) DEC 1x (IIRC) RRD-42
drive.

I have used it for years to boot all manner of Sun devices, but my patience
for 1x drives is at an end (esp. since I had a 6x plextor in a box right
next to it, but never felt compelled to actually make the swap until today -
my Axil 245 *requires* a 512 boot block size, all my other boxes were
working with a NEC CD-ROM (4x Multi-spin)).

Anyway, the drive is free for estimated shipping costs of $5 USPS Priority
Mail - if anyone wants it, just drop me a note off-line at
n2vip at bellatlantic.net.

Again, no tray is included, but they can be found anywhere for between Free
and $3 AFAIK - it is a standard item.

Thanks,

Ken