[SunRescue] RE: Bill's Big-Honkin bandwidth!

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat May 26 12:18:02 CDT 2001

No, my employer (www.icti-usa.com) develops IVR systems for clinical drug
trials - I am a group leader in the validation department.

The majority of the employees have *no business reason* for Internet access
at work, those that do have a business need, have it. I could have it, but I
choose to respect their concern for overloading their only T1 (all our
sattelite office connect via VPNs carried over the internet).

Should they get another T1 - sure, but they won't until they need more
capacity *for business reasons*.

Ken
(I have taken a linux laptop into work and gotten access that way, when
needed - I have worked on Citrix terminals for most of my time there, and
for my needs - MS-Office/Outlook - it works just fine.)