DNS Security (was: RE: [SunRescue] hosts file And DNS files??)

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri May 25 13:32:53 CDT 2001

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 01:20:27PM -0500, Dan Debertin wrote:
> Put me in the "love" group. BIND is a flaming turd, in so many ways. It
> has been compromised countless times in the past, and it will be many
> times more in the future. Funny ... so has vixie-cron ... hmmmm .... I
> sense a trend here.

I've looked at djbdns, but cant see it working for me for transitioning
from my BIND 8.2.x setup:

wildcard dns (*.sunhelp.org = 207.200.6.75 etc)

> The developer of djbdns (Dan Bernstein) is a _total_ fruitcake. But he
> writes robust, secure software.

I got him to call me an asshole once.  8-)

I'm waiting for Wietse Venema to write a nameserver to go along
with Postfix, which I *love*.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford