[SunRescue] SparcCenter 2000 on ebay!

Tugrul Galatali rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri May 25 03:27:46 CDT 2001

On Fri, 25 May 2001, Chad Fernandez wrote:

> I'd "have it" :-)  I don't know, use it to learn on, I guess :-)

	jeez :) I'd recommend a Ultra based system for that kinda
money. The only thing that machine would be useful for to learn
would be writing highly threaded compute intensive applications :)
But, personally, to just learn how to use a Solaris box like the
way I've picked up running linux boxes over the last 4 years, with
all the quirks to find and love, I rather have a box much more
responsive for trivial things like X and netscape so I actually
use the machine for as many things as possible :)
	I'm too spoiled to have an SS10 as a console, and I figure
a SC2000 isn't that much better... just not suited for the job.
	I'm still amused at the drag the frame buffer puts on system
performance... need to stop using -v in tar on the console =P

	Tugrul Galatali