[SunRescue] SparcCenter 2000 on ebay!

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri May 25 01:47:14 CDT 2001

Uhm, a large file server probably.  Would also load my development web
serving onto it, as well as my database server.  Plus, it has a fair
amount of CPU power for people who need raw CPU cycles (like for
rendering, or whatever).  A machine like that could also make a good
router, but I want a machine dedicated to routing (I don't trust my
security skills otherwise), and I wouldn't want to dedicate such a nice
machine to the task.

In otherwords, if I could afford that machine, it would replace my p75,
which is currently the machine that fills most of my serving needs (but is
too slow to make any meaningful contribution to number crunching).   I'd
have to get the point that I could trust my valuable data to my solaris
admin skills (I don't have many linux admin skills, but the machine has
always just worked, so I haven't needed many skills).

--
Joshua Boyd