[SunRescue] Tax (was Ultra 5)

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 24 22:06:39 CDT 2001

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 11:24:48AM -0500, Dan Debertin wrote:

> Fountain Coke is terrible; I won't drink it. In addition, I have the
> following quirks:
>
> 1. Canned Coke is only good at room temperature, except after 10pm, when
> refrigerated Coke is nice.
>
> 2. The plastic 20-ounce bottles are only good cold, and only when the cap
> is red. Any other color (i.e. green <ugh>) just tastes & feels wrong.
>
> 3. The big 2-liter plastic bottles are good at room-temp when drunk
> straight from the bottle, or refrigerated if poured into a glass, but NOT
> with ice.

My take:

American Coke != German Coke; they taste different.  When I came back to the
US after 2 weeks in Germany I could *taste* the chlorinated water used to
make the Coke.

Also, I find it best to get rid of about half the carbonation by drinking
some, then closing the cap and shaking vigorously for few seconds, then
(quite carefully and slowing) letting out the CO2.  I need caffeine, not
carbonation...

Further, there IS a difference between glass bottles and plastic and cans...
./patrick