[SunRescue] off topic web sites

Kevin Loch rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 24 13:39:21 CDT 2001

http://www.brickshelf.com/

While we're on the topic of unrelated websites,  I run this ugly
site too:

http://www.maj.com/

It only pushes about 300MB/day, mostly people that have the
200 byte solar status gif's on their pages (~100K views/day
for that one gif).

Just think, if SUN donated say an E250, I could give them about
100K page views/day "powered by SUN" between my various hobby sites.

At least then I could upgrade the damn Atari it's running on now :)

http://kl.net/atari/

Actually everything was originally running on an IPX, then an LX, then
a SS5 (circa 1998).  They've been running on a Dual PII-330 for about 2
years
now.  I would love to move everything back to SUN but even the SS5 had
trouble
with some back end CPU intensive stuff (logfile analysis, thumbnail
generation etc.)

KL