[SunRescue] 690MP cpu is about equivalent to what other sparcs?

Dan Debertin rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 24 10:11:03 CDT 2001

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Kevin Loch wrote:

> Why worry about melting?  Circuit boards can take some serious heat.
> Also, systems like the 670 and 690 have infinately better airflow
> than an SS20.

I guess I was undulging in some hyperbole ;). If the module extends over
the RAM, however, it's possible you could damage memory.

> What prom version do you need to do HS?

According to the Mbus reference, 2.14.3, or 2.14.3(h) for the highest-end
modules.

Incidentally, if any of you in Excel Energy (Minnesota) territory have a
6x0MP and can comment on how it's affecting your power bill, I would
appreciate it. My rough calculations put it at $8-10/mo, but I haven't run
it for an entire month yet.

Dan
--
Dan Debertin