[SunRescue] 690MP cpu is about equivalent to what other sparcs?

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 24 08:48:43 CDT 2001

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 09:32:02AM -0400, BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak wrote:
> I have a lead on an old 690MP crate (basically just the cpu in the deskside
> case).  Can someone give me a feel for what that machine is equivalent to
> compared to other sparcs?  I was thinking it was about like an SS2 or
> IPX speedwise, but was not sure.

If its in the deskside case, its a 630 or 670; a 690 is a full datacenter
cabinet/rack. 8-)  Same motherboard, just a different number of slots is
all that differentiates the three machines.

As for speed, depends on what MBus CPUs you have installed - can go from
SM100 (dual 40mhz no cache) to SM81s...

Bill

--
Bill Bradford