[SunRescue] Austin, TX event

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 23 08:36:31 CDT 2001

You know, I don't remeber where I read it, but apperently there was a
monastic order that practiced cat herding for serenity training.
Apperently the key is understanding that cats won't do things just because
you want them to.  You have to provide them with a motivation (such as
getting the bowl of tuna at the end), which is to say, you need to lead
them and hope they follow rather than trying to herd them from behind.
This actually makes programmers sound a lot like cats.  Perhaps that's
why while most men in the country take pride in doing things like hunting
cats and running over them in their large 4x4s, we programmers actually
keep them as pets.

--
Joshua Boyd