[SunRescue] Dumb Term

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 22 05:46:42 CDT 2001

The first printer I ever bought, for my DEC Pro-350 was a Mannesman Tally
unit, and it had a 68000 inside it for all the fancy formatting options (I
used to write straight text files for school, then embed control characters
for formatting (bold, centered, left- or right-justified, etc.)...

But the real cool thing about that printer was *square* printhead pins - a
pipe character looked like a solid line, not a stack of 8 tiny scoops of ice
cream - the output was beautiful.

I still have the printer, but I doubt the ribbons are still available...

Ken