[SunRescue] Wanted: Old Sun propaganda

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon May 21 18:05:07 CDT 2001

The Sparc2 pictures make reference to a Sparc 2, 2GS, and 2GT.  I know
that the 2 uses a GX board, and that the 2GT uses the graphics tower.
What does the 2GS use?  Is a ZX board (although products with the zx seem
to usually be named 5zx, 10zx, etc), or something else?  It looks like it
is 8bit graphics overlaid on 24bit renderings, whereas the zx allows
totally 24bit graphics.

Also, does the GX really do 3D wireframe acceleration, or does it just
accelerate drawing the lines after the CPU transforms the 3D lines to 2D
lines.

--
Joshua Boyd