[SunRescue] Tape drive (VAXentoyz)

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon May 21 15:40:47 CDT 2001

> Also, I have some relatives in the Dallas / Fort Worth
> area coming up at the end of the week - are any of those vaxes portable
> enough to make a plane trip cheaply?

VAX portable in plane??????  YIKES.... you need a 747 cargo job to
moove them.....(:+}}...

Typically the MVII minimal size is 100+ lbs, and maybe 100 lbs for
shipping materials.  That is rather hefty carryon or even checkin
baggage!  Your average MVII even in BA23 cabinet is all I can do
to drag around the house.  I can imagine what the baggage smashers
would do to one.....

The VAXstation 2000 might be possible, as would some of the smaller
3/4000 series VAXen.  A 3100/M76 would make a nice machine.  One of
the smaller 4000 series might be nice, too.

Bob