[SunRescue] Tape drive

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon May 21 13:34:51 CDT 2001

I'd be hard pressed to compare them to Amigas since they have no video or
sound.  Further, unlike the amiga, they don't have lots of dedicated
co-processors (although the Amiga's coprocessors were dedicated to video
and sound, so...).

Also, the Amiga was a single user machine, and this is a multi user
machine.

About the only similarities that I can find are that they both lack memory
protection.  They both are Motorola 68k based.  Finally, they both were cheap
alternatives to unix systems (the Alpha Micro is an alternative to Sun 3
server machines and Vax server machines, the Amiga is an alternative to
Sun workstations and especially SGI workstations)

--
Joshua Boyd