[SunRescue] Confused SS5 booting -- drive ID?

Loomis, Rip rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon May 21 11:33:31 CDT 2001

Bob--
At the EEPROM prompt, use "probe-scsi" (or
probe-scsi-all on laterer OBP versions or
with multiple SCSI controller cards) to
verify which disks have which targets.

Yes, the 5/20 backplane does automagically
configure SCSI IDs--in fact, many SCA drives
don't even *have* the SCSI id jumpers, since
that's one of the things that SCA is supposed
to do for you.  On my system here, it appears
(from the command line without dropping out
to OBP) that the bottom disk gets ID=3 and
the top disk gets ID=1, which is consistent
with the two internal disks in a SPARC 10.

--
Rip Loomis
Brainbench MVP for Internet Security