[SunRescue] solaris7 i/o tuning

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon May 21 04:36:21 CDT 2001

  Hey folks...can anyone here with some solaris experience (James L?)
give me any pointers for performance tuning on solaris7?  The machine
is an Ultra30 (250MHz) w/512MB RAM.  The application is a somewhat
large, primarily heavy-writing database application running MySQL
v3.23.38.  Writes will be coming in in 30-50Kbyte chunks a few times
per second from the network and the server must maintain real-time
responsiveness.

  Is there anything filesystem-wise that could be tuned to better
accomodate this type of activity, given that I know the
characteristics of the load?

         Thanks folks,
         -Dave McGuire