[SunRescue] Off Topic: Rescuing my Sun

Ken Caruso rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon May 21 00:59:54 CDT 2001

Hmm,

	Maybe I misunderstood you but if you have the keyboard plugged in,
it will not send the output to serial, you need to boot it with the
keyboard unplugged for the ouput to go to the serial port. Also once you
do that, check to make sure that you are using the right type of serial
cable. When got my first sun-box it took me about three tries to get the
right type of serial cable. There is also a key sequence to force all diag
output to the serial port, I think it is stop-d. I dont know if it works
on sparc2's, only used on ultras.

Ken