[SunRescue] Off Topic: Rescuing my Sun

Dan Debertin rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon May 21 00:37:19 CDT 2001

On 20 May 2001, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> all lights flash at power on
> all lights blink on
> caps is on, the other three lights cycle 5 times
> caps blinks off, scroll blinks on
> caps is on, other three lights cycle 3 times
> then all of them blink on, then off, then blink on again, and then
> they're done blinking

I have a few pieces of sun4c gear here that all do the same thing, in the
same sequence, and they're operating fine. I don't think the kbd lights
are your problem. The problem is that you're plugging in a keyboard at all
;).

Unplug your keyboard, power it up, then watch the serial console. Once
your PROM finds that a keyboard is not present, it should use the serial
port for I/O.

Dan
--
Dan Debertin