[SunRescue] SparcStation Voyager Serial Port Strangeness

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun May 20 17:58:21 CDT 2001

On Sun, 20 May 2001, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   I'm looking for a new "kitchen table" machine...I currently have a
> Twentieth Anniversary Mac (with a 300MHz G3 upgrade) there, and it's
> cool, but I'm looking for something with a larger display (the Mac's
> is 800x600)..

Ooh.  That is such as sweet machine.  I've always wanted one.  The color
classics also look fun (and it seems that they can be PPC upgraded in an
extremely chop and mod sorta way).  They of course aren't as cool though.

I believe there are some PC type systems that are all in one with flat
panel display and have decent resolutions.  I know I've seen students
carrying them into and out of the residential networking building, but I
can't remeber the brand ... might have been Compaq.  But then, you give up
having a nice risc platform.

--
Joshua Boyd