[SunRescue] Tape drive

Sebastian Marius Kirsch rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun May 20 08:21:21 CDT 2001

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 01:56:41AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   Indeed...X runs quite nicely under VMS.

Correction, DECwindows. ;-) It's a DEC machine, therefore everything on
it is DEC ... DECnet, DECterm, DCL, ...

> A later-model VAX (VS4000/90 for example) or a newer, nice zippy Alpha
> running VMS and X makes a very nice desktop machine.  And a fun one,
> too! 8-)

I have one of those -- 4k90 (only 32MB RAM, sadly) with VMS 7.1. I don't
actively use it, though, I keep it just for the looks on people's faces
when they see DCL and Mosaic next to each other in two windows. ;-)

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch at moebius.inka.de>

101 Reasons Why You Can't Find Your System Administrator:
 * What was your username again?