[SunRescue] Tape drive

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat May 19 21:12:30 CDT 2001

[ On Saturday, May 19, 2001 at 18:45:43 (-0500), Bill Bradford wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [SunRescue] Tape drive
>
> They simply DO NOT BREAK.

Everyone I know who's run a current-model netapp says you absolutely
must get the yearly service contract because they do break regularly.
It's just that you don't usually lose service when they break because
they've bgot enough redundancy that the replacement parts usually arrive
before you have to shut them down completely.

> Sun's T3 storage stuff is a competitor, but I havent used
> their stuff - and I doubt I will, as its expensive, and
> they're not about to send me an evail unit. 8-)

The ex-Sun people I know wouldn't buy Sun's solution and would have
preferred a netapp if they could have afforded it....

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>