[SunRescue] Tape drive

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat May 19 19:13:22 CDT 2001

Can you make the things keep a complete journal of all changes, so that
you can effect roll back the clock to any previous state?  I've always
wanted a file system that could do that.  I've seen a few that kinda did
what I wanted, but they were kinda strange.  More like an NFS serverlet
strapped onto the front of a code revision system.  Maybe someday I'll
write my own.  From what I've seen, if could be written as a NFS server
without to much trouble.  Then, you just mount the NFS file system locally
as something like /home.  Then, no matter how stupid your users are, you
could probably restore any mistakes they make.

--
Joshua Boyd