[SunRescue] help a guy run 2.6 on his 670MP

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat May 19 14:00:19 CDT 2001

"Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 May 2001, David Cantrell wrote:
>
> > If anyone's interested, I still have an Acorn A4 laptop to dispose of :-)
>
> Do you have information about that machine?  I've never seen much about
> an Acorn laptop.  Just know that it existed. Is it working?  And what is a
> fair price anyway?

There's already a couple of people expressed an interest off-list as well,
and shipping to .us would be kinda outrageous - an A4 is around the same
weight as a Sparcbook.

Anyway, yes it does work, althoug hthe power supply and screen are a bit
dodgy - you have to jiggle them around a bit to get them to work.

See http://www.computingmuseum.com/museum/a4.htm for a summary of the spec
and some useful links.

--
David Cantrell | cthulhu at unixbeard.net | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

  Rip, Mix, Burn, unless you're using our "most advanced operating system
   in the world" which we decided to release incomplete just for a laugh