[SunRescue] help a guy run 2.6 on his 670MP

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 17 21:06:17 CDT 2001

> It works fine if your nameserver is on the same subnet. Otherwise it barfs.
> There is a patch.

ok

a) is this pertaining to 7 and/or 8?
b) how old is this patch and is it in the jumbo recommended?

maybe i have been patching my system and just didn't know it.  but name servers
at work are on a different subnet from _all_ the sun boxes.  now, recommended
jumbo patch is always installed as part of a fresh machine install.

just want to get the clarified so i don't go shooting my mouth off and it turns
out i was patching it the whole time.

-brian