[SunRescue] WTB: SS20

Paul Khoury rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 17 19:44:11 CDT 2001

On Thu, 17 May 2001 18:24:39 -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:

>I wouldn't spend a lot of money on an SS/20 - having said that, I am very
>happy with my SS/20 w/2xSM71, 256 Meg RAM, 4 Meg VSIMM - it is nice, but I
>think my out-of-pocket cost was around $350. I got lucky on Ebay.

When will say the Ultra 1 get down to around $200 for a base system
with just the CPU, RAM (64MB or higher)?  I don't need any hard drives,
and yeah, I have tons of hard drives.  Only like 1-2GB, but nonetheless, lots
of SCSI drives.

>Oh, 4x SCSI towers are available at many places - why do you want to use 4x
>5 1/4" drives? the case to hold them will cost more than a replacement
>higer-density drive or two.
>
>See: http://www.scsistuff.com/109-0051.htm 9x half-height tower, $155

$**t.  I was hoping for something cheaper/used.
Oh well, my friend says he's gonna give me several 300MB SCSI drives
free with the purchase of a 1.2GB and 3.6GB Micropolis 5.25" FH (replacing existing
drives, and the 3.6GB is brand new).
Even though Micropolis is no longer, I've always liked their drive quality - IMHO, I think
they've made the best SCSI drives.

I always get something free from him, as I've known him and bought misc computer
crap from him for the last 6 years, including a fair share of older Sun stuff.

Paul