[SunRescue] Sun 2/120 Support for NetBSD

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 17 16:51:12 CDT 2001

On May 17, Paul Khoury wrote:
> I noticed on the sunhelp.org page that NetBSD is possibly going to support Sun-2's.
> Does anyone here besides me have a Sun-2?  I have the OS somewhere
> on cyprus (my webserver), but I never figured out how to write tapes, and
> I don't have a SCSI controller on my Sun 2/120.
>
> Also, does anyone know how many MIPS this beast is?  I probably won't want to use it
> a lot because of the immense power consumption (even though Los Angeles DWP
> power is really cheap), but I'd like to be able to play with this old relic (that used to belong
> to Los Alamos Labs, X Div).  It has 7MB of RAM in it.

  I have a 2/120 and a large pile of spare boards.  I used to have a
2/170 that I used as my main file server, oh, about nine years ago I
guess.  It achieved amazing levels of performance considering the
speed of the processor.

  It's a 10MHz 68010, if memory serves...should be around 1MIPS or a
tad less.

        -Dave McGuire