[SunRescue] Ultra 5 sacrifice

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 16 20:14:33 CDT 2001

Well, I've just been laid off of my day job as a sysadmin/sw hacker/dba.
Unfortunate but I saw it coming, the company is in the process of
disassociating and moving people to contractor status.

Anyways, due to the lack of funds to cover an adequate severence, I'll end
up with my old desktop box as a parting gift.  It's an Ultra 5/333,
9GB/256MB with CDROM.  I'm keeping the monitor (sweet 21" trinitron) but I
have no need for the U5 with all the other Sun boxen here.  Ebay rates
seem around $800, I'd take $650 OBO (need fast cash).  I also have a
SunPCi and PGX32 that were in it, they can go cheap too.

As an aside, if anyone in the northern California area (except silly
valley) is looking for an admin/dba/network architect/bit bummer with a
decade+ experience with Sun gear, contact me off-list, _especially_ if
it's in/near a rural area.  Trying to settle down and raise a family at
last.  My heart's in Nevada county, but the money isn't.  :-/

Sun discovery of the week: a 3/260 can support the weight of an '83 Honda
Nighthawk in an emergency.  I _thought_ the ramp looked a bit too
narrow...

Thanks,

-James