[SunRescue] help a guy run 2.6 on his 670MP

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 16 15:31:22 CDT 2001

  It's what MMX should have been.  It's very impressive.  I still
believe that this sort of thing simply doesn't belong in the central
processor, but it's still impressive. :-)  For more information about
VIS stuff, see http://www.sun.com/microelectronics/vis/.

  It is possible to write code that uses the VIS instructions in a
32-bit mode.

         -Dave McGuire