[SunRescue] Hard drive upgrading

Paul Khoury rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 16 01:04:57 CDT 2001

On Tue, 15 May 2001 16:03:05 -0400 (EDT), BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak wrote:
>You can usually write a script to do the cloning for you, to ease the
>tedium.  Order pizza, some beer, chips, and that sort of thing.....
>on big drives it takes a while on slow machines.
>
>On Solaris, it would be a ufsdump/ufsrestore, and installboot.
>The bits would be in /usr/platform/....., and below.
>See the manpages for particulars.
>
>That above is what I usually do..... including chips, beer, etc....(:+}}.

Yeah, I did all of the above except for the beer (that was last night).
Man, all this work is gonna drive me to too many beers, and adding in the chips.

Everything worked, but automounting fails, and my mail server has major problems with
existing boxes.

The replacement drive is basically the same size, including for swap.

Paul