[SunRescue] SPARC 5 memory

Paul Khoury rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 15 16:14:46 CDT 2001

Okay, I finally made the plunge and bought a SS5/70 off ebay last week dirt cheap
(like less than 30 bucks).  Anyways, I don't know if it has RAM or not, it was just really cheap.
Do I need to make a lot of dramatic changes for upgrading from an SS2 (sun4c) to this machine
(sun4m)?  I'd rather not upgrade the OS with all the mods I've made, plus it'll be my main webserver (and
I'm hosting other peoples' stuff now also).

Also, how much RAM can you go up to on this machine, and how many slots are on the board?
And does anyone know where I can get RAM?  I found 32MB on eBay for 25 bucks each.
Is that reasonable, or can I get them cheaper?  I'd like to go up to 128MB, 256MB or more would
be very desireable (my ThinkPad alone is gonna be upgraded to 544MB this week).

Paul