[SunRescue] Low cost cable/dsl/dial-up router pointer...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon May 14 07:26:44 CDT 2001

For those who think that these boxes are overpriced, I submit the following item (which I *just* ordered) from SMC:

	Platform independent
	4-port 10/100 Mb/s dual-speed switch
	built-in print server
	RS-232 COM port for fail-over dial-up or modem connection
	Firewall
	Internet access for up to 253 computers

Original price, $149 - discounted to $89, further reduced to $69 after $20 mail-in rebate.

These are available from www.mei-microcenter.com - I have no exp. with this unit (yet), but that is a great price, IMHO.

Just a pointer for those pulling their hair out trying to get a workstation on a DSL/Cable modem connection (or with friends who are)...

Ken