[SunRescue] Thought on SPARC MP3 player.

Dan Sikorski rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat May 12 20:52:02 CDT 2001

This is more in response to what David Michaud wrote, but i accidently
deleted his message.

I was looking at putting a computer in my car to play mp3's into my car
stereo.  I read an article in Linux Journal about a home mp3 player that
used an X10 remote for control.  My biggest problem was that i wanted
something that would be compact, and i really couldn't find a reasonable
soution.  As far as the HDD is concerned, a laptop drive should do just
fine.  Probably the best solution (as far as i was concerned) was to find
a laptop (on ebay perhaps) with a broken display.  This would have
everything that you would need.  a vibration/shock resistant HDD, built in
sound, and all in a nice compact case.  Obviously, this was going to be
an x86 job.  As far as the software is concerned, the article in LJ had
that pretty much figured out, with some pretty cool voice systhesis
stuff, and the X10 remote.  I kept that issue around, and i'll see if i
can dig it up.  If anyone would want to know what issue it was, let me
know, and i'll try to find it.

	-Dan

P.S. If this message is incoherent, i apologize, i haven't been feeling
well :(