[SunRescue] Thought on SPARC MP3 player.

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat May 12 06:52:04 CDT 2001

Why not go x86-based? (ducks)

You can get NLX cases for cheap:
http://www.hitechcafe.com/eshop/product2.asp?dept%5Fid=16&sku=AEGIS+B5%2DN%2

A suitable MB is cheap as well:
http://www.hitechcafe.com/eshop/product2.asp?dept%5Fid=11&sku=P2E+NBB3

PII CPUs, RAM, & HD (like a huge 30+ Gig IDE drive) are all reasonably
priced as well.

One of the linux magazines had a article where they took a 1U rackmount
case, threw abunch of server-grade hardware inside of it, and made a $1K
box, IIRC.

Looka t it this way - why would you want to subject a SPARC to that kind of
a rugged environment? If the intel box breaks, you won't mind...

Ken