[SunRescue] yet another new list

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri May 11 00:59:20 CDT 2001

My sysadmin doesn't currently have procmail installed.  This summer, he is
moving the main server from solaris/sparc to linux/intel.  He is planning
on specifically not installing procmail (even though redhat installs it by
default).

Currently, few students work in the labs other than during the official
lab period (CS classes have a lab component to justify being 4cr instead
of 3cr.  I forget why they wanted to change the number of crs.)  The
exception is the people who work on one professor's projects.  Those
students get to use super powerfull machine with lots of cool peripherals.
See a connection?  All other labs seem to be doing almost everything
possible to drive away students, then wonder why lab useage is down so
much and why they try to keep them (the labs) up to date.

And if anyone tries to show inititive on their own (say by putting a
sunvideo capture card into use for motion tracking programs) they are made
fun of (I'm constantly being told that I need to get out more by people
who spend more nights gaming at home).  I really, really, really am sick
of life as an undergrad.  Only 3 or 4 semesters left.  Maybe grad school
will be better.

--
Joshua Boyd