[SunRescue] OpenBSD on IPC

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 8 07:33:43 CDT 2001

SH> Hello Mike,

SH> I've read your message about your try to install OpenBSD on an IPC.

SH> I'm interested if you managed to complete your install.
SH> I've downloaded the miniroot28.fs for sparc, but while booting the kernel via b(0,0,7) I get "Illegal Instruction" ->boot prompt.

SH> Did you have any  success?

SH> Thanks,
SH>     -Stefan

Unfortunately Stephan I have not had time to play with the IPC and
OpenBSD as I'm still looking for a new position.

I'll be sure and let you know what's happening with it when I get
back around to it again although I did find that it's something about
that IPC because my IPX and LX both _do_ boot OpenBSD properly.

Mike Hebel                          mailto:drone8of9 at crosswinds.net